Site Features, News and Announcements > CORA

What can CORA do for me?

<< < (2/2)

geekischic:
Hi James

Firstly, download the free Dropbox app to your tablet (a simple Play Store/Itunes search should find it).

Let me know when it's installed and I'll send you a link to our Dropbox folder so you can access CORA offline.

Dropbox is necessary for running the web page off line - it's a great program anyway and gives you free cloud storage space for your files and photos as well.

UPDATE
Please see new post (Reply #8) below for a quick and easy way to use CORA offline without the need for Dropbox

maj:
Hi Stuart

Yes CORA is very useful and interesting.  I assume you will add other observations? At the moment it seems to be behaviour heavy.  However a lot of our work as EP might involve other observational issues (i.e. social communication, purely learning behaviours in various classes etc). 

Maj

geekischic:

--- Quote ---Yes CORA is very useful and interesting. I assume you will add other observations? At the moment it seems to be behaviour heavy. However a lot of our work as EP might involve other observational issues (i.e. social communication, purely learning behaviours in various classes etc).
--- End quote ---

As you say Maj - what I've tried to do with this (and the other programs) at this stage of development is offer a 'shell' with sample content for feedback on the 'shell' itself and also contributions people would like to add to the content (which will be given full acknowledgement of course!).

It is possible to have these in a database for on line use, at the moment I'm trying to make CORA usable both on line and offline from the same web page - not as straightforward as it may sound, as a web 'standard' on different hardware, operating systems and browsers are still some way off being that believe me :)

As a result I want to try and build a good basic set of comments into the page at this point for everyone to use.

If you've got any you'd like me to add it's really easy, just see  this topic.

geekischic:
As people may not always have access to a wireless or 3G connection when carrying out an observation, here are some new, simpler instructions for using CORA off line on your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone:

* Connect to the page via this forum as usual in a tab on your web browser when you are on line and leave it open.
* When you go off line you should still be able to use the page in that tab and all the buttons in the page will work as usual, as long as you
* DON'T try to refresh the window e.g. by pressing F5
* DON'T use the back buttonWe've tried this on a range of browsers and hardware and no problems so far, but please post below if you have any!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version