Author Topic: What's it all about?  (Read 10976 times)

geekischic

• Administrator
    • View Profile
What's it all about?
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:59:57 PM »

RELATER is a new on line tool being developed to help explore childrens' interpersonal relationships.

It was inspired by some of the ideas behind the original Bene Anthony test, but with:
  • a much more modern slant using a fun 3d interactive web program
  • options to explore relationships in and/or outside of the family
  • responses which aren't designed around a psychodynamic model
  • the opportunity to explore a wide range of parenting styles
  • an automated summary of the child's responses which can easily be transferred to a spreadsheet of wordprocessor for further interpretation and analysis

RELATER is not a standardised test but an exploratory tool, and we hope that. as it develops, it will offer useful insights into a child's attachment and interactions with the people they know best.

It's intended to be completed with adult supervision, but the instructions are simple and clear and are both written and spoken so that only a 'light touch' should be needed by the adult.

HELP - BETA TESTERS NEEDED!
As this program is still under construction  we'd really like feedback to help us develop the format and content so that it will best meet the needs of professionals working with children.

WHY SHOULD I BETA TEST?
As well as getting to use the program before anyone else, beta testers also get access to a private forum board where they can get help, share ideas and shape the program so it does what they want!

WHAT COMPUTER EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?
A Microsoft Windows or Apple Desktop or Laptop or Netbook connected to the Internet (a smartphone/tablet version is not available at this stage).

The program uses the UNITY plugin which downloads automatically the first time you use it.

HOW DO I TAKE PART?
If you'd like to take part in beta testing please use our contact form .
As a beta tester, not only do you get to use the program, but you can also give us detailed feedback via the forum and on line questionnaires so we can shape the program to do what you want it to!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 07:10:08 PM by geekischic »