Site Features, News and Announcements > CORA

What can CORA do for me?

(1/2) > >>

geekischic:

We are working hard on CORA (Classroom Observation Recording App) that makes it easy to record and analyse your observations - click here for a video demonstration.

You can use CORA online or offline on just about any computer, tablet, phone or browser.

CORA makes it easy to record your classroom observations in a structured way, then automatically analyse and export them to a worprocessor or spreadsheet.

No more scribbly old notes you can't find or read when you come to do your writing up!!

HELP - BETA TESTERS NEEDED!
The program is still under construction and we only have a limited range of observational categories and decriptions in there. We'd really like feedback to help us develop the format and content so that it will best meet your needs.

WHY SHOULD I BETA TEST?
As well as getting to use the program before anyone else, beta testers also get access to a private forum board where they can get help, share ideas and shape the program so it does what they want!

WHAT COMPUTER EQUIPMENT DO I NEED?

* a Microsoft Windows or Apple Desktop or Laptop or Netbook
* an Apple or Android Tablet or Smartphone
HOW DO I TAKE PART?
If you'd like to take part in beta testing please use our contact form .

elaine:
I really like the idea of this, can it be adapted with my own categories in the first few mins of an obs, then used in this format for the remainder of the obs. time?
There will never be enough space on a ticklist to cover all possible behaviours that might be spotted but the most frequently occurring can be predicted once in the context and the vicinity of the target child.

Could the characteristics of surrounding other adults/ children be added and the context of the obs. too?

geekischic:
Hi Elaine

Thanks for posting and with some brilliant ideas   ;D

I think your suggestions would be really useful additions for everyone so I'll get to work on a draft and post as soon as it's ready.

My initial thoughts are to have a maximum of 10 rows of description boxes (including some empty ones) to keep the screen compact as possible for tablets, but add in an Edit button which wil allow you to change a cell when you click on it, instead of recording.

That's the theory anyway  :)

I'll get to work on that and post here when I've got a draft ready for people to try.

geekischic:
Thanks to Elaine's help, the next beta version (0.70) of CORA is now available for testing by registered beta testers who will be able to see the appropriate button at the top of the forum page (we've left a link to the previous version (0.66) there as well for now).

The differences in this new version are that:

* after you choose your category of descriptions, but before you click Start
* or if you click Pause during an observation
* clicking on any of the descriptions (even the blank ones) will bring up an edit box so you can alter/add them to suit. Click Close to close the edit box and leave the comment as it was, or Close and Save if you want to save your new comment and use it for that observation.
* you can now enter some details about context in the bottom text box (now headed Context/Comments) and the program will store these and add at the beginning of the summary
NB there are also now two buttons at the top of the screen to start off another set of observations.

* New (as before) resets all the description boxes and lets you start again with the built in list
* Same starts again, but continues to use the changes to descriptions you have entered during that session

james:
Hi Stuart,

How can you access this when offline?

Best wishes

James

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version